Car insurance comparison for travelers for good drivers
Drivers who avoid traffic violations and car crashes tend to get the best deals. Travelers sits in the middle of the pack when it comes to auto insurance rates for good drivers. If you have a clean driving record, check out Geico auto insurance quotes and State Farm auto insurance quotes.
Comparison of passenger auto insurance for speeding drivers
If you end up with a speeding ticket, you can expect your auto insurance rates to increase. Traveler rates are better than Progressive and Allstate, but you can find much better prices at Geico or State Farm.
Comparison of passenger auto insurance for drivers causing an accident with injury
Drivers who cause an accident that injures someone else will usually see a significant rate increase when their policy is renewed. This is why it is a good idea to shop around for the best rates. Travelers offer better prices than most of the competition, but State Farm could be an even better bet.
Comparison of passenger car insurance for drivers with a DUI
A DUI conviction will result in higher auto insurance rates for at least a few years. Travelers has better rates than most of its competition, but if you’ve got a DUI on your record, State Farm is also worth a visit.
Traveler Auto Insurance Comparison for Drivers With Low Credit
While the use of credit-based insurance scores is controversial, many insurers rely heavily on scores to set their rates. If you have poor credit, shop around to find the best auto insurance rates. Travelers are a good option, but you might find much cheaper fares at Geico.
Travelers has very low levels of complaints from its auto insurance customers.
Passenger insurance class for collision repair professionals: C +
In a survey of collision repair professionals by CRASH Network, travelers received a C + rating.
The opinions of auto body repair professionals are valuable as they see how insurers stack up in the use of substandard aftermarket parts, whether insurers encourage the use of repair procedures recommended by car manufacturers and they have complaints processes that make customers happy.
About passenger auto insurance
Travelers has been in the property and casualty insurance business for over 165 years and sold their first policy for just two cents. Today, Travelers has 30,000 employees serving clients for personal, commercial and specialty insurance.
Travelers sells auto insurance with many options to customize your policy, such as:
- Gap insurance. If your car is totaled because of a problem covered by your policy, your policy pays the difference between what you owe on your loan or lease and the depreciated value of your car.
- Roadside assistance. If you’re stuck on the side of the road, this covers services like towing, changing a flat tire, refueling, locksmithing, and starting a dead battery.
- Rent reimbursement auto insurance. This pays for a rental car or other transportation costs (like the subway) if you can’t drive your car because of a problem covered by your policy.
- Forgiveness of accident. If you buy a responsible driver plan, you’ll be forgiven for an accident and minor violation over a specified period, which means your rates won’t go up.
- New car replacement insurance. If your new car is destroyed due to an accident covered by your policy, you will get a brand new car of the same make and model.
- Carpool insurance. Car owners in Colorado and Illinois who drive for a rideshare service like Uber or Lyft can add this rider which covers you when you activate the app, but ends when you connect with a passenger.
Related: Best Auto Insurance Companies
Auto insurance based on passenger usage
Travelers offers a usage-based insurance program called IntelliDrive. This 90-day program uses a smartphone app to monitor your driving habits. When you sign up, you could benefit from instant savings on the first term of your insurance policy.
When renewing your policy, you could save up to 30% depending on your driving habits, such as what time you drive, speed, acceleration, braking, and distractions (like using your phone while driving).
In some states, risky driving habits may cause the premium to increase if you use IntelliDrive.
Discounts on passenger auto insurance
Travelers offers all types of auto insurance discounts, such as:
- Multi-policy discount. Save up to 10% on your auto insurance premium when you purchase home, condo or other insurance with Travelers.
- Multi-car discount to insure more than one car with Travelers.
- Property discount if you own your house or condo, even if it is insured by another company.
- Safe driver discount for Travelers customers who have not had an accident, traffic violation or major overall loss in the household in the past three to five years.
- Continuous insurance discount if you have purchased your automobile insurance policy on an ongoing basis with Travelers (i.e. there are no gaps in your insurance history).
- Discount hybrid / electric vehicle for an electric or hybrid car.
- New car discount for drivers who own a new car or a car less than three years old.
- How you pay the discounts such as electronic funds transfer, payroll deductions or the full payment of your bonus.
- Discount on advance estimate if you are a new customer who gets an auto insurance quote before your current policy expires.
- Good student discount for high school or college students with “B” averages or higher.
- Student absent from school discount if you have a student who goes to school at least 100 miles from you and will not drive your cars.
- Driver training discount if you hone your driving skills in a licensed driving course.
More passenger insurance
Travelers sells home, condo and tenant insurance. If you are renting a house, there is homeowner insurance.
If you love the water, Travelers sell boat and yacht insurance. And if you’re planning a big event (like a wedding), you can purchase Wedding and Events Insurance, which covers unforeseen issues that disrupt your event.
Travelers mobile application
You can access your insurance policies from the comfort of your couch with the Travelers mobile app. The application has practical features such as:
- Pay your bills
- Configure automatic payment
- Access insurance identity cards
- Access insurance policy information
- Report a complaint
- Go paperless
A brief history of passenger insurance
Travelers began as two separate companies: Travelers and St. Paul’s Fire and Marine Insurance Co. The first Travelers policy was sold in 1864 for two cents. In 1855, St. Paul Fire and Marine Insurance Co. paid its first claim when a fire spread from a bakery to a row of offices.
Fast forward to 2004 and the two companies amalgamated to create The St. Paul Travelers Companies, Inc. In 2007, the company changed its name to The Travelers Companies.
In 2019, Travelers partnered with Hover to implement 3D modeling technology in their claims process. For example, models can collect precise measurements of a building’s exterior, windows, and siding. This technology reduces the need to walk around potentially hazardous properties and can help speed up the claims process.
Travel insurance Charitable causes
Travelers has donated over $ 225 million over the past decade to his communities. Some of the common causes the company supports include:
- Higher education initiatives
- Arts and culture
- Prosperous neighborhoods
- Disaster relief
- Health and social services
- Civic and public affairs
- K-12 initiatives
More than $ 5.5 million has been provided for Covid-19 relief in 2020 to help families, small businesses and communities in the United States, United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.
To find the nationwide average auto insurance rates, we used the rates of Quadrant Information Services, a provider of insurance data and analytics. Rates are based on a driver with a clean criminal record insuring a Toyota RAV4 with $ 100,000 of bodily injury liability coverage per person, $ 300,000 per accident and $ 100,000 of property damage liability, coverage for uninsured motorist and any other coverage required in the state. The rate also includes collisions and comprehensive risks with a deductible of $ 500.